Friday, December 12, 2008

Advent

So Sunday the priest reminded us that Advent is a time to prepare for the coming of the Lord. As such, I have a few plans for preparing my heart.

First, I would like to make it to Confession. This might be a bit difficult, though, because Wednesday masses are no longer occuring on campus and that was when Confession was available. Plus, I really don't know the confession times for any other churches in Evansville or in Lexington. Or even back in Boulder! I guess I should try going to Confession more often!

Second, I want to start something. I tend to be very bad at saying my morning, evening, and even meal time prayers, so maybe I'll try to be more consistent with those. I'll probably start out small with meal-time prayers, since those tend to be the easiest to remember. With morning prayers it's so often when you wake up and being a student, I almost always wake up about a half hour before class and then I'm so busy getting ready for class that I never remember to say my prayers. As for evening prayers, I just...well, I think I'm just so tired from the rest of the day that all I can think of is sleep!

I did do better with praying when I wrote them down every time. I might do that for morning and and evening prayers--keep a little blank notebook by bed to write my prayer in every morning and evening.

Finally, I'm preparing for the Lord by inviting two Korean girls to my house for witner break (of course, they are my friends, but hospitality can be given to anyone). I'm sure it will be a good and fun time.

No comments: